We have worked closely with our parents, our children, our staff and Governors, to develop a shared vision that focuses on the key life skills of:
Curriculum overviews for Yrs 3-6 can be found in the sub menu to the left
A Mayhill Curriculum will:
- Develop high expectations in every child
- Celebrate success and individuality
- Create curiosity and from this, a love of learning
- Provide children with responsibility and respond to their needs
- Be challenging and progressive
- Develop Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
- Support an outstanding transition programme from Y2 to Y3 and Y6 to Y7
A Mayhill child will:
- Have high expectations of themselves
- Take risks
- Learn to self-manage in preparation for learning at KS3
- Be able to articulate their learning accurately
- Relish participating in a wide range of subjects and new experiences.
The Mayhill curriculum follows the statutory national curriculum, but has been personalised to meet the needs of our local community. Each half term there are topics based around a Learning Challenge and throughout the year there are several trips, workshops and dressing up days. Recently, the school has upgraded its wireless technology to ensure all children access Windows tablets to support their learning and we are currently investing in improving our sports provision, for example a new long jump and high jump pit.
Children learn to cook in all year groups in our children’s kitchen, and there are opportunities to learn instruments individually (such as violin) or in a band of four (through Rock Steady).
Our PSHE curriculum, supports the principle that children understand both their rights and their responsibilities and that these change as they grow up. To make this practical, there are themed days where we learn about other cultures in the UK and abroad as well as additional curriculum opportunities such as first aid training.
Documents below include:
- A copy of our PSHE overview
- SMSC (Social, Moral, Spiritual & Cultural) Education: Different ways we aim to integrate SMSC development within our whole school curriculum.