The Mayhill Curriculum aims to:
- Strive for all children to achieve high personal standards in all areas of their learning
- Develop high expectations in every child so that they are ambitious and believe in themselves
- Celebrate success and individuality by embracing personal strengths and providing a broad range of opportunities
- Promote high standards of behaviour, respect and care towards themselves and each other
- Respond to the challenges and needs for tomorrows world, including diversity and sustainability.
- Expect children to engage, explore and be challenged in their school experiences.
Underpinning all of this are the Mayhill Habits.
What are the Mayhill habits?
- Critical Thinking
We believe that children learn best when they can learn about their own learning. The more they are able to reflect on the way their mind works, the more they can learn to make conscious decisions based on these reflections. And at Mayhill, we believe it is our role to help develop these positive characteristics and attributes alongside knowledge and understanding of the curriculum.
Progression of Learning
At the bottom of this page, details of our long term progression planning for all subjects are being added. Details of the school curriculum and how it will be covered in the next academic year for each year group is available by following the links to each year group.
In 2011, the government defined British Values as democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs. We promote these values through our mission statement, own school values, curriculum and enrichment activities. Further information here.