The Mayhill Curriculum aims to:
- Strive for all children to achieve high personal standards in all areas of their learning
- Develop high expectations in every child so that they are ambitious and believe in themselves
- Celebrate success and individuality by embracing personal strengths and providing a broad range of opportunities
- Promote high standards of behaviour, respect and care towards themselves and each other
- Respond to the challenges and needs for tomorrows world, including diversity and sustainability.
- Expect children to engage, explore and be challenged in their school experiences.
Underpinning all of this are the Mayhill Habits.
What are the Mayhill habits?
- Critical Thinking
We believe that children learn best when they can learn about their own learning. The more they are able to reflect on the way their mind works, the more they can learn to make conscious decisions based on these reflections. And at Mayhill, we believe it is our role to help develop these positive characteristics and attributes alongside knowledge and understanding of the curriculum.
Progression of Learning
Further information about how we organise progression within our curriculum is available at the bottom of the page in our Curriculum Progression document. For further information on what your child will be learning in each year, please visit the year group curriculum tabs.
In 2011, the government defined British Values as democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs. We promote these values through our mission statement, own school values, curriculum and enrichment activities. Further information here.
Mayhill has developed a long term curriculum map which outlines the core knowledge, skills and understanding across the curriculum for all subjects. (Note: English and Maths will appear in separate documents). Click here.
RE: Our long term plan for RE is outlined in the document: Living Difference III. Click here.
SMSC: Review of how pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is developed. Click here.