Jobs and Careers
Learning Support Assistant
We are looking to appoint a flexible, enthusiastic person to join our friendly team of hard-working staff, from September 2021. The position is part-time 30 hours per week – Monday – Friday, which will include covering lunchtime duty.
This role might change to providing more 1-1 support for children who have EHCPs as and when the need arises.
We are looking for someone who:-
- enjoys working with children as part of a staff team
- will be committed to enabling children to feel good about their learning and make good progress
- is positive and calm
- is a team player
- can use their initiative
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- has good communication, interpersonal skills with both adults and children
- understands safeguarding and confidentiality procedures
Ideally you will have experience of working in a school environment, also a First Aid qualification would be an advantage.
Visits to the school are still encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Barbara Duncan to request an application pack on 01256 702973 or email email@example.com
Mayhill Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Please click on the documents below to access them:
The closing date for the LSA role is 11 June 2021.
Lunch Time Supervisor
We are looking to appoint a calm, friendly and enthusiastic person to join our existing dedicated team of supervisory assistants as soon as possible. The successful applicant will be working within a supportive, fun team and will be an important member of the school structure.
The working hours are 11.30am-1.15pm Monday to Friday (8.75 hpw) term time only.
You will need to be flexible, ideally have experience of working with children, be a positive role model to our children and ensure confidentiality and safeguarding.
Main Duties will include:
- Supervising pupils in the lunch hall, outside on the playground or in their classrooms during wet lunch breaks
- Encouraging positive play by leading a range of playground games
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils
- Administer basic first aid and keep records of accidents
- Promoting healthy eating
- Ensuring any issues are dealt with in a positive and thoughtful manner and that where appropriate deciding which issues should be raised with relevant staff
- Assisting with associated duties, e.g. cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean etc.
We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as interviews have been held and all the necessary pre-employment checks are complete. References will be collected on selection for interview. Visits to the school are usually warmly welcomed and encouraged but given the current pandemic this is not possible at this time. If you are interested please contact the school office for further information (01256 702973) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org .