Jobs and Careers
MAYHILL JUNIOR SCHOOL
We are looking to appoint a positive, self-motivated, cheerful, practical and adaptable person to join our friendly team.
The caretaker plays an important part in the smooth running of our school ensuring that the security and general appearance of the building and grounds are maintained to high standards and those systems operate efficiently and safely.
Responsibilities will include:
- Security and key holding duties including attending alarm call-outs
- General grounds maintenance
- Health & Safety/COSHH including written reports (training available)
- Some cleaning, especially hall floors (to include low - level windows)
- Liaise with Hampshire Property Services and Contractors
- Stock Management
- Work in a flexible manner for the needs of the children and the school
- Routine maintenance including decorating, gardening and general D.I.Y
What we are looking for:
- Highly efficient, energetic and able to work on your own initiative.
- Knowledge and previous experience of maintenance tasks
- Excellent communication skills, flexible and adaptable
- Basic computer literacy
- Professional, approachable and proactive
- Supports the school vision and takes pride in the school site
- Previous experience of working in a school environment would be welcomed
The hours are negotiable working between 20-25 hours per week, Monday to Friday ideally working split shifts early morning/late afternoons, (but we are happy to discuss the shift pattern), 52 weeks per year (paid holiday plus bank holidays)
Pay Scale HCC Grade C £18,933 -£19,941 (full time equivalent), depending on experience
For further information or an informal chat or visit please contact Barbara Duncan Snr Admin Officer on 01256 702973 or email email@example.com
Mayhill Junior School
Learning Support Assistant 1:1
We are looking to appoint someone who is positive in their approach, calm in the face of challenge and excited but resilient to the challenges working 1-1 with a child might bring. Everyone who visits Mayhill comments on the friendly ethos of the school and we can offer you full support in your role and opportunities for training and further development. The position is permanent.
The role is to work 1-1 with a particular child, but also to work in the class alongside the class teacher during the day. Monday – Friday 30 hours per week, which will include supporting lunchtime supervision.
We are looking for someone who: -
- Is effective in building positive relationships with children with additional needs
- Ideally has some prior experience of working with children with social, emotional needs or children with autism.
- Wants to learn through feedback and reflective practise
- Is a team player
- Can use their initiative and adapt their approach to skilfully keep the child engaged and learning
- Has excellent literacy and numeracy skills (Ideally GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths)
- Has good communication, interpersonal skills with both adults and children
- understands safeguarding and confidentiality procedures
Ideally you will have experience of working in a school environment with individuals or small groups, also a First Aid qualification would be an advantage. Candidates who do not have specific learning support qualifications are still most welcome to apply.
Salary details: Hampshire County Council Grade B or C depending upon skills and experience
For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.mayhill.hants.sch.uk Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Barbara Duncan for further information or to request an application pack on 01256 702973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayhill Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates
Closing date 22nd March 2022