Jobs and Careers
MAYHILL JUNIOR SCHOOL
We are looking to appoint a positive, self-motivated, cheerful, practical and adaptable person to join our friendly team.
The caretaker plays an important part in the smooth running of our school ensuring that the security and general appearance of the building and grounds are maintained to high standards and those systems operate efficiently and safely.
Responsibilities will include:
- Security and key holding duties including attending alarm call-outs
- General grounds maintenance
- Health & Safety/COSHH including written reports (training available)
- Some cleaning, especially hall floors (to include low - level windows)
- Liaise with Hampshire Property Services and Contractors
- Stock Management
- Work in a flexible manner for the needs of the children and the school
- Routine maintenance including decorating, gardening and general D.I.Y
What we are looking for:
- Highly efficient, energetic and able to work on your own initiative.
- Knowledge and previous experience of maintenance tasks
- Excellent communication skills, flexible and adaptable
- Basic computer literacy
- Professional, approachable and proactive
- Supports the school vision and takes pride in the school site
- Previous experience of working in a school environment would be welcomed
The post is for 22.5 hours per week working Monday to Friday working split shifts (7.30 – 09.00am and 3.00-6.00pm) 52 weeks per year (paid holiday plus bank holidays) However a certain degree of flexibility will be required to lock up after occasional lettings or school events.
Pay Scale HCC Grade C £18,933 -£19,941 (pro rata £11,513 -£12,126) depending on experience
For further information please contact Barbara Duncan Snr Admin Officer on 01256 702973 or email email@example.com