Mayhill Junior has a very close relationship with RAF Odiham, supporting its families throughout deployments and at home. 40% of pupils live on the RAF base.
Our RAF and Community Links and Liaison Leader is Mrs Owen-Lamey. She is also one of two teacher buddies within school, who are on hand to support the children; the other teacher being Miss Collis who is buddy to years 5-6, whilst Mrs Owens-Lamey supports those within years 3-4.
In addition we have a dedicated ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) within school who regularly works with ‘service family’ children guiding them through any worries or concerns, whilst also being on hand to celebrate achievements with them too.
In order to keep fully up to speed with any changes occurring within the RAF base; and the implications they may have on the school intake or on the emotional wellbeing of the children, the school is in regular contact with the HIVE Community Centre at the base and attends half termly briefings.
- Visits to RAF Odiham for special events
- Service Parents Afternoon Teas
- Use of RAF Odiham swimming pool
- RAF support of PTA events
- Taking a group of children to the service children’s’ ‘Creative Forces Day’
- Utilising the support of the Rapid Response Vehicle, based at RAF Odiham to support the delivery of First Aid Training to the year 5 children.
MOD educational funding contributed toward IT projects and creation of lunchtime chill out club.
Here are some photos from our most recennt Camo Day...