Supporting Your Child
On this page, we have included links to websites which will enable you to support your child at home.
Learning Resources in Maths
Times Tables Practise
- Times Tables Rock Stars: www.ttrockstars.com. If your child does not know their login details, please contact the school office.
- Online games for times tables: Topmarks
The BBC Bitesize games and activities are perfect for revisiting topics or exploring new areas of Maths. For those seeking even greater challenge, navigate your way to the KS3 area!
There are also other sites which provide good age appropriate revision activities:
School Calculation Policy: Click here
Learning Resources in English
There are different skills your child needs to practise when reading:
- How to pronounce new words (younger children). Video clip.
- Inference: This is reading 'between the lines' or being a detective by putting clues together. This video clip helps explain this to your child.
To help your child with these there are different kinds of questions you can ask: questions to ask your child.
The Literacy Shed: A great resource for inspiring writing. Click here.
Which letters join and which don't. Our Handwriting overview
- Test yourself against the key spelling for years 3&4 and years 5&6. How many do you know?
- Use these resources to help practise the ones you're not yet sure of: Spelling strategies and Spelling activities and games
- Spelling games for all year groups here.
- Spelling mats we use in class - useful to support your child when writing.
Learning Resources in other subjects
BBC Bitesize has a wealth of video, games and activities perfect for your child to explore.